What Age To Switch Kitten To Cat Food
Immune function and kidney function also decline with age although the degree to which this occurs depends upon the individual animal.
What age to switch kitten to cat food. Even the most cathletic adult pets will gain weight if fed kitten food. Keep feeding your feline her special kitten formula until her first birthday. Some cats can be transitioned to adult cat food between 8-10 months of age but you dont want to do it too soon.
Kittens should be fed a growth-formulated diet until they are at least 90 percent of their adult weight. Feed a combination of 75 percent kitten food and 25 percent adult cat food. To avoid intestinal upsets make the change from a kitten formula to an adult diet over a period of four days with the following method.
I dont think Ive ever seen a fat bengal but I think it would be smart to change over to adult food by the age of 18 months for bengals just to limit the proteinfat percentage. Easily Find the Right Kitten Food with the Help of Our Friendly In-Store Associates. Kittens should switch to an adult cat food at 12 months of age to ensure they are receiving proper nutrient levels for adult cats.
Updated on the 16032021 1452. When Should I Switch from Kitten Food to Adult Cat Food. Begin by introducing small percentages of the new diet gradually increasing the ratio until your cat has completely transitioned onto their new food.
Kitten food is higher in calories and nutrients that support growth and development. Once your kitten is ready for his new diet gradually begin changing by feeding 14 adult food and 34 kitten food for a few days. Kittens should switch to an adult cat food at 12 months old to ensure theyre receiving the proper nutrient levels for adult cats.
I guess the more docilelaid back breeds would need to get off the kitten diet earlier. Read on to learn when to switch from kitten to cat food. Experts recommend transitioning from kitten to adult food over a 7-day period.
- Can Cats Sleep Alone At Night
- Can Cats Eat Fried Rice
- Can Cats Eat Fried Fish
- Can I Give My Cat Gabapentin For Pain
- Can Cats Eat Shellfish
- Can Cats Eat Too Much Protein
- Can I Feed My Cat After Vomiting
- Can Cats Without Teeth Eat Dry Food
- Can Cats Eat Before Neutering
- Can A Cat Eat Raw Chicken
- Can I Put My Cat In A Room At Night
- Can Cats Only Eat Dry Food
- Can I Heat Up Canned Cat Food In Microwave
- Can Cats See At Night Time
- Can Cats Eat Hard Food Without Teeth
- Can Cats Have Water Before Neutering
- Can Cats Eat Kangaroo Meat
- Are Oysters Good For Cats
- Can I Feed My Cat After Neutering
- Can Cats Get Worms From Human Food